Rosebank College is in Need of Programme Manager – ICT Faculty
we are deligted as e inform you that Rosebank College is in Need of Programme Manager – ICT Faculty-see Application Process below
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas
Teaching and Learning to enhance the student experience
- Implements the IIE Teaching and Learning Strategy to ensure quality of outcomes are maintained and improved where required and/or relevant
- Develops teaching and learning capacity and standards on campus through managing, monitoring and implementing peer assessment of teaching, providing feedback, developing growth plans for individual lecturers, interventions as needed, quality assurance.
- Organises and facilitates teaching skills and lecturer/ tutor development workshops.
- Organises and facilitates lecturer /tutor orientation.
- Organises and implements the induction process of new lecturers to ensure all academic staff has common understanding of teaching and learning processes and requirements.
- Implements a peer partnership system amongst the academic staff to create and promote the campus culture.
- Assists lecturers in the compilation and uploading of e-Poe. (electronic portfolio of evidence)
Analysis and planning
- Analyse class attendance and student progress
- Design improvement plan and assist with implementation
- Analyse success of plan; re-plan where appropriate
- Contributes to the achievement of the brand’s strategic direction and objectives.
- Provides leadership in academic activities (workshops, forums, meetings, etc.).
- Co-ordinates the implementation of the IIE Teaching and Learning Strategy.
- Advises staff on discipline specific matters relating to the development, renewal and implementation of the curriculum.
- Encourages staff to submit proposals to promote research.
- Engages in own research and development to support skills.
- Engages and encourages the engagement of the academic staff in Celebrate Teaching and Learning.
- Integrates knowledge and insights acquired at developmental workshops (campus, national, IIE and external) into teaching and learning principles and practice.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Formal qualifications – Minimum
- Postgraduate Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree / Bachelor Honours Degree (NQF Level 8)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education
Formal qualifications – Ideal
- Master’s Degree (NQF Level 9)
- 3-5 years lecturing / teaching and learning experience
- High level of computer skills – analysis, cloud computing, internet, web etc.
- HEQSF (The South African Further and Higher Education environment and regulatory framework)
Interested applicants who are passionate about educating the youth, and working for an institution with ample growth prospects, are welcome to apply online at https:rosebankcollege.jonti2.co.za (Copy the link to your browser or visit our website www.rosebankcollege.co.za and click on careers at Rosebank College and apply)
Package & Remuneration
- We pay a CTC which includes a Provident Fund (Death & Disability Cover, Critical Illness Cover & Education Protector)
- Study Assistance Bursaries